To my blog followers- I made an entry several days ago about the events you will read below. I have since removed that entry and replaced with this one. I apologize if I have offended anyone with what was previously written. I feel this entry shares my feelings and the events in a way that portrays the sacred nature of what occurred the night of 18 June 2013.
To William, Ember, Robert and Justin:
To William, Ember, Robert and Justin:
I want to thank you personally for the sacrifice you have made for me, my family, and our country....the ultimate sacrifice. I had the sacred privilege of carrying each of you, individually, through Warrior's Way. The medical heroes I stand side by side with every day, provided you the most dignified and deserving care they had to offer. You were honored. I am proud to say I work with some of the greatest Airmen and Soldiers in the military, and everyone involved that tragic evening rose to the occassion. I have never been more proud to wear this uniform. I am eternally grateful and humbled to have participated in the most sacred service I can give....helping fellow warriors who are unable to help themselves. In our short time together, you have changed my life forever. I WILL NEVER FORGET.
Here is the article. I have added the pictures.
"The Pentagon has identified the four U.S. soldiers killed in an attack on the Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan."
Killed were:
- 30-year-old Spc William R. Moody of Burleson, Texas
- 21-year-old Spc. Ember M. Alt of Beech Island, S.C.
- 21 year-old Spc Robert W. Ellis of Kennewick Wash.
- 25-year old Sgt Justin R. Johnson of Hobe Sound, Fla
"Moody, Alt and Ellis served with the 68th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, 43rd Sustainment Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, Colo. and Sgt Justin R. Johnsonwas assigned to the 10th Transportation Battalion, 7th Sustainment Brigade, Fort Eustis, Va."
"The Taliban claimed responsibility for the Tuesday attack. Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said Wednesday the militants fired two rockets into the Bagram Air Base late Tuesday. American officials confirmed the base was attacked by indirect fire — likely a mortar or rocket — with four U.S. troops killed."





No comments:
Post a Comment